Colloquium Topics & Themes
This colloquium provides a forum for discussing skills, employment and employability from different disciplinary perspectives (economics and business, employment relations, sociology and politics…), using a variety of methodological approaches. We are interested in conceptual and theoretical papers, as well as contributions focussed on policy and practice. We particularly welcome contributions with an international comparative dimension that are based on sound empirical research.
Topics will include (but not be limited to):
- Work readiness and employability
- Human Capital Development Programmes
- Mapping and forecasting skills and competence
- Skills and organisational performance (including HPWS/HIWP)
- Skills mismatches: deficits and surpluses
- Policy and politics of employment and training
- Skills formation and employment relations
The language of the colloquium and publications will be English. We are planning edited collections and special issues of academic journals and all papers presented at this conference will be considered for inclusion in these initiatives.